Sunday, December 5, 2010

Relationships

Last week, we did lectures a little bit differently. We had the privilege of hearing from Dean Sherman, who started the first YWAM base in Australia. But we didn't actually get to have him with us. Instead, we watched a video teaching. I was disappointed at first because I didn't want to sit and watch a movie all day. But it ended up being an amazing teaching and something that I really needed to hear. God is so good!

Some things that suck with me:
1. You can't say that you truly love God if you don't love the person next to you and the people around you.
2. Our society tells us that love is a thing- love is not a thing, love is an action. It is a decision that you have to make to show love for the people around you.
3. I am selfish.
4. If you love someone, you need to ask yourself, "is this loving for them? is this a good time?"
5. Actions speak louder than words.

There is so much that I could list about the teaching but that would just get boring. We spent the last three days learning about relationships... "romantic relationships." It was so interesting to see how much society tells us what's right and wrong when the Bible says so much about what God made right and acceptable!

On the last day, we learned about forgiveness for ourselves and that was really big for me. Some of forgiveness is admitting your wrongs to God- but the other part is accepting the forgiveness that He offers us and receiving the cleansing that He has for us. I've been praying a lot about having a passion for God and asking Him to reveal to me what is holding me back and I think this is part of what it was so I'm really excited about having this taught!

This upcoming week, we're going to be having lectures on Lordship with Mark Parker. The staff told us it's a really intense week so I'm really excited/anxious about what's to come!

Prayer Requests:
1. For my ear infection and swollen gland to be healed soon so the pain goes away.
2. We had a meeting with our outreach team for the first time this past week and there are a lot of people on our team who still need to raise funds for outreach- so prayers that we come up with successful fundraising ideas and that God provides!
3. That it's not too hard for me to spend Christmas away from home...
Thanks for everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment