
... Go? Wait, is it really time to go? Time to leave this home that we've made for ourselves here in Mitchelton and just pick up and go... to Peru? Soon... very soon.
When I think back over the past few months, I'm amazed that it really has been over three months. It feels like I've been here for a week or two. God has been teaching me so much during this lecture phase. I've grown in ways I never would've imagined and dealt with issues I never knew I had. God has been so good and has kept my eyes opened to Him... but now what about outreach phase? If I grew so much during lecture phase, what does He have in store for me now?
This past week, our lectures were on Missions, Unity in the body of Christ and Stewardship. They were all good for preparation for outreach and really made me think. During our missions teachings, we were talking about what it is to be a missionary. When I think of a missionary, I think of poor, older couples that travel around and knock on doors asking if the residents know Jesus... and although that may be what a missionary looks like in some places, it doesn't have to be that way. I am a missionary. You are a missionary... because being a missionary isn't about where you are... it's about how you live your life. Even though technically right now, I am a missionary, when I return home, I will be a missionary too. Just thinking about that made me really take a step back and look at the life I was living... were the things I was doing really moving others forward in Christ? So as I get ready to head off to Peru for the next seven weeks, I've made it a challenge for myself to focus not only on the people that I am working with... but to also use this as a time to focus on living out the life of Christ.
I'm anxious to see all that I will learn and experience in this time of outreach. Hopefully I'll be able to update my blog occasionally while I'm away but I can't make promises, considering we're not sure what the internet status will be. However, we will probably be updating out team website... so check it out!
I want to thank everyone who has been supporting me over this journey in prayer and finances. You have been a huge part of this experience and I can't thank you enough! I would love to have you continue lifting not only me, but also my team, up in prayer over these next two months. Prayers for safety, team unity and for our hearts to be submitted to God throughout this time would be so great. I can't wait to update everyone on our adventures! God bless :)
No comments:
Post a Comment