Well, it´s only been a few days since my last post... but it´ll be a little bit before I can do this again. Since we got here, things have been going really well. The first three days that we were here in the mountains, we had relaxing time to get used to the altitude and such. It´s been really weird being so high up. I feel like I take five steps and start panting. But regardless, I´ve loved every second of it.
On Monday, we were all able to go into the city and shop for a while. I fell in love with Cusco. It´s just so beautiful here. In the city, a lot of the streets are old brick or cobblestone, the old buildings are gorgeous and the atmosphere is just so fun! I couldn´t get enough of it. We shopped in a center that had a whole bunch of stands around... it was an interesting adventure for those of us who have forgotten all of the spanish that we´ve been taugh. But it was so much fun because you get to barter with the vendors at the stands :) I think it was really good for us as a team to be able to get out and spend some time with eachother in a non-working environment.
The rest of the week, the team has been going out in the mornings and picking up trash around and prayer walking. One of the girls who is pretty fluent in spanish was able to talk with one of the neighbors about what we were doing, so that was exciting for our group. Things have been pretty slow besides that. Next week we´re going to really start to get into evangelism. I´m working in the kitchen for our team, so Emma and I were able to go to the market with our leader, Hannah, to buy food for the week. It was so exciting to see! And again, I just fell in love with this place. It´s a little weird to be looked at so oddly... but I think that´s just something we´ll have to get used to.
On Monday, half of our team is going to be going up further into the mountains to evangelize and just live in community with the town there. We´ll be there for a week before returning home, when we´ll be leading a mini DTS for some of Hannah´s 50 siblings :) I´m really nervous about that because public speaking isn´t really my thing... but I know that through this challenge, God will strengthen me!
Things have been going really well for our team and I´m so excited to continue to grow personally and as a team. We´re all getting along so well... which is shocking, considering that there are 12 of us in an apartment meant for a small family. I can´t wait to return home and personally share with everyone what´s been going on here and all that I´ve been learning! Thank you for your continual prayers. Until next time, God bless! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment